This page is intended to be an engaging way to browse through applications of constraint satisfaction, and to illustrate the wide variety of applications out there. I intend to add to this site from time to time, especially in the beginning, but I never expect it to be in any sense exhaustive. Suggestions for inclusion are also welcome. You can click on the lettering over the pictures for a relevant paper. The choices are somewhat random, they don’t necessarily represent the state of the art; many will be obtained by playing The Application Game.
Applications can help:
- Interest students in studying constraint satisfaction.
- Encourage collaborations with companies, institutions and agencies.
- Demonstrate “impact” to funding agencies.
- Motivate new applications and also new directions for basic research.
- Increase public awareness of the ubiquity of the technology.
It is hoped that this collection of applications can contribute in some small way.